2121 North California Boulevard, Walnut Creek, CA, United States
DIRECTOR OF COLLECTIONS
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Interested in this job? You can apply online at: http://www.yapstone.com/careers/open-positions/?p=job/oR112fwF
Over the next 5 years, the payment industry will experience a total transformation. Coins, cash and paper checks will cease to exist; replaced by retina scans, virtual wallets and technologies the world has never seen.
At YapStone, we are focused on building the future of payments. That’s why we’re hiring the best and the bravest to help us lead the way. Together, we’ll loosen our grip on everything we know and invent new ways to make business a whole lot more convenient and lives a little easier. Join us in changing the way the world pays.
YapStone, Inc. has an opportunity for a Director of Collections, located in our corporate headquarters in Walnut Creek, California. This position will report directly to the CFO and work closely with the Finance, Client Services and Risk team at YapStone. This position will be responsible for ensuring inbound and outbound payments are remitted on a timely basis and to further minimize, through the team’s efforts, the risk of monetary losses due to the extension of credit.
- Comfort with deriving collections insight and knowledge from large and complex datasets.
- Ability to package conclusions and recommendations into concise formats and presentations for Executive Management on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis as needed.
- Facilitate the transmission and/or delivery of collection notifications, including payment reminders, deactivation notices, and/or external collection notices per the applicable credit policy.
- Identify trends, patterns, procedural and strategic opportunities that will improve collections and overall business performance.
- Conduct weekly AR Aging Meetings with Finance leaders and ensure actionable items are completed timely.
- Coordinate the placement of outstanding accounts with external collection agencies per the requirements of each company’s credit policy.
- Conduct individual meetings with collectors managing to KPI’s and performance standards.
- Inquisitive, highly motivated, always exploring, and asking “what if” questions – challenging current interpretations of data and finding the most critical metrics in a dynamic environment.
- Minimum 6-8 years of collections experience, with at least 3-5 years of collection experience in B2B and B2C environments.
- Minimum 2 years in a managerial role in either Collections or Accounts Receivable.
- Familiarity with external collection agencies, both domestically and internationally, with prior experience of effective utilization.
- Expertise in financial systems and business application skills including SAP, Salesforce, Excel, SQL and PowerPoint.
- Implementation of mathematical models and/or data mining on real world collection opportunities.
- Creative problem solver, analytic thinker, and quick learner. Ability to look at policies and processes strategically and dynamically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership presence.
- In-depth knowledge of financial technology, payments software and transaction processing is preferred.
Due to the sensitive nature of the information inherent in our business, all final candidates are subject to background and credit checks.
YapStone is a global provider of full-stack payment solutions for global marketplaces and large vertical markets. YapStone powers online and mobile payments for HomeAway®, VRBO®, and thousands of apartment and vacation rental companies, homeowners’ associations, self-storage companies, hospitality establishments and non-profits. YapStone processes over $17B in payment volume annually and has been recognized for its growth, ranking on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for eight consecutive years and named to the Forbes’ List of America’s Most Promising Companies in 2015. YapStone has raised over $110 million from investors including Accel Partners, Meritech Capital and Bregal Sagemount. YapStone is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area with additional offices in Santa Monica, California and Ireland. To learn more, visit http://www.YapStone.com.